Counselor In Training (LPC-IT)
In Person and Telehealth
Starting in February 2023
The Home Care Therapy Counselor in training will provide mental health counseling to adults and couples addressing and treating mental health challenges and mental health concerns. Counselor will employ culturally competent, trauma-informed approaches and strategies to diagnose, treat, and support clients and their families achieve progress and goals.
- Provide mental health counseling to individuals and couples, and group counseling to improve mental health through live, in person sessions and live electronic platform sessions (i.e., Telehealth counseling).
- Assess and treat mental health challenges for a wide range of presenting concerns.
- Support clients and couples in defining goals, engaging with the treatment plan, and counseling process to move toward successful discharge.
- Employ evidence-based practices that are culturally responsive and trauma-informe
- Maintain good working relationships with support networks, government resources, and community resources.
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts/activities, training/development, and organizational initiatives.
- Participate in agency-wide events and activities.
- Promote the counseling practice through social media marketing.
- Master’s degree in Counseling required.
- Licensed as LPC-IT required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with clients.
- Strong oral communication including ability to coordinate communications between multiple stakeholders while honoring privacy.
- Strong written communication with ability to accurately and succinctly maintain client records.
- Counseling skills that include knowledge of counseling methods and application, ability to establish strong effective therapeutic alliance.
- Professional development assistance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This office is open from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. seven days a week (closed on major holidays).
The expected work hours are from 9 a.m. to 1p.m. or 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
This position is a part time with occasional weekends.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com to apply.